Help Empower Maine Girls to Realize their DREAMS!
Girls on the Run-ME is a volunteer-based organization. Without the amazing people who have given their time, we wouldn’t be able to provide this program to the girls of Maine. Together, we can help young girls actualize their dreams by teaching them that they are STRONG and CAPABLE! There are many ways to get involved. Whether you want to work directly with girls, help grow the program, offer professional skills, or run for a few hours on a weekend as a “running buddy”, we need YOU! Plus, most people find that they receive back far more than they give … and, more importantly, we promise you will have FUN!
- Head Coaching/Assistant Coaching – After completing a background check and attending a mandatory training, coaches deliver the curriculum twice per week for the duration of the 10-week program. Training is held approximately one month before the start of the school semester. Maintaining a positive attitude and fostering a supportive environment for the girls is critical! Head coaches must be CPR and First Aid certified. Coaches must be available on a regular basis from 3:00pm-5:30pm two days/week, as the sessions start after school.
- Running Buddies – Running buddies are parents, family members, or friends who complete the end of the season 5K race with a girl in our program. If the girl does not have a running buddy, members of the community are welcome to apply. Your only commitment is to be available on 5K day.
- 5k Event Volunteer – Sign up to be a volunteer! Each year we host a fall and spring celebratory 5k for the girls in our program and we need a lot of volunteers for these events.
- Committee Work – Our Board Committees do much of the behind the scenes work. Consider joining our: Community Events, 5k, Finance or Fundraising Committees.
- Site Liaison – A site liaison serves as a link between GOTR-ME and the program site. The liaison helps with the registration process, identifying potential coaches, transporting supplies to the site, reserving practice space and more.
- SoleMates: Charity Athletes Team – SoleMates is the charity running/event team for GOTR-ME. You can join as an individual or as a team to pursue personal goals such as running a marathon or completing a triathlon while raising money to support our GOTR-ME participants. Participants of SoleMates must raise a minimum of $150. Training and incentives are available.
- Donors & Fundraisers – help us grow our scholarship fund by donating or collecting donations for GOTR-ME. Have a dress down day at work, a bake sale or a bowling night; invite friends to a dinner at your house; or ask your company to support GOTR-ME as a Program & 5K Sponsor.
To volunteer, contact Volunteer Coordinator Katie VerLee at email@example.com
For more info on starting a site or becoming a coach, contact Program Director Staci Olson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at 207.747.5677